Feb 26, 2009

Every five minutes, someone in the United States learns that he or she has leukemia, Hodgkin or non-Hodgkin lymphoma or myeloma.

I like reminding all of the amazing people that continue to support me why I'm doing this, but I also need to remind myself. Its hard to work a full day and then hit the gym, when you're already tired, feet hurt, belly is hungry, and traffic sucks. Funny thing is that I have to pass the gym on my way home from work. 

Some of the things that get me through the really tough training days (in no particular order):
  • Remembering the day Molly was diagnosed with cancer and being so terrified that I could lose my best friend
  • That amazing feeling, I know I'll feel, when I cross the finish line and see the look on my mom's face
  • Looking forward to hearing the cheers of my friends from various areas of the course
  • Knowing that my cousin Jay is fighting a blood cancer right now and that money I raise will help find a cure for him
  • I never thought I would be healthy/strong enough to complete a triathlon
  • Because its going to kick ass to RUN across the finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment