Feb 16, 2009

A good weekend.

Despite my laziness on Saturday, it was a really great weekend. I mailed some about 100 fundraising letters to those people that I had addresses for, if I didn't have a mailing address - they got an email. What amazed me was not that I received some pledges in the mail, but rather who pledged me. There were a couple of big surprises. I pretty much asked everyone on the planet (aside from the friends that Molly & I share) for money in support of this cause. I am so pleasantly surprised at who has responded so for. So, for those of you who have, thank you. Every little bit helps, and no amount is too small (or too big). So thank you.

Training on Sunday was great. Molly cracks me up with these ab workouts. It seems like we never do the same thing twice. Planks, Wonder Womans (don't ask), Leg pull-up thingys, they all kill me. I don't know what most of them are called, they're too hideous to have names I think, but they work and I'm in pain. 

Sundays are our "long workout"  days. We'll either do a long run or a long bike ride. Yesterday we did a long run on the treadmills. Yes, I'm constantly afraid that I'm going to go flying off the treadmill at any point, but its actually fun. Since Molly and I never shut up, it makes holding a conversation much easier. 

I'm feeling great. In fact, everyday I feel stronger. If someone approaches me in a dark alley, they should run.

No comments:

Post a Comment