Feb 25, 2009

I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it.

Molly and I had our cycling class at the Uptown Y last night and we had another new instructor. It never occurred to me how different their styles of instruction could be - and for me, that makes all the difference in the world. I wish I could remember their names and now that I think of it I don't remember any of them introducing themselves. In any case. I still love cycling class, and I got my ass kicked last night. Of course after the class Molly wanted to do some strength training (arms) and abs of course. 

For the next two nights there won't be any cycling classes at the Uptown Y because they are refinishing the floors in one of the studios. Last night the instructor mentioned that they had started refinishing the floors early and that was the smell we were noticing. None of us would have noticed it if she didn't mention it. To me it honestly smelled like a cleaning solution, and gyms always smell weird anyway. But of course once she mentioned it, only thirty minutes into the class, I couldn't think of anything else. 

Today was also the third day of smoothies for breakfast, and I must say, wow!

1 comment: