Feb 20, 2009

Uptown vs. Midtown

When Keeler and I joined the gym we went to the Midtown Y because its closer to my house, its big and seems to have all of the amentities. Tuesday night we did a spin class, sorry, cycling class at the Midtown Y and then last night thought we'd try our hand at the Uptown Y. What a difference. They are both great gyms but very different. First of all, the Uptown Y wasn't nearly as swamped with people at 5:30pm. It also wasn't swamped with kids. The other major factor was the cycling class itself. The Uptown Y instructor had more energy, much much much better music and the class was packed. Overall a great experience. Of course that's not to say that I won't be going to back to the Midtown Y, just thought I should point out some differences if anyone cared.  

After our asses were kicked in the cycling class we did some ab work, I was surprised that Molly didn't have us do a plank, but I didn't say anything to her.

2 comments: