Feb 9, 2009

Where did that muscle come from?

I went to the gym right after work. And guess what?! Everyone else had the same thing in mind. No, it didn't surprise me that I had to drive around in circles to find a parking spot. It did make me laugh to watch other people get frustrated at not finding a parking spot. Hello! What did you expect?

By the time I navigated trough the locker room and made it up to the gym I realized there was no way I was going to get on a treadmill. I'd have to brave the track. The Track. Where the real runners run. Or so I thought. I've often compared myself to Phoebe from FRIENDS when I run. I'm not graceful or fluid at all so running on the track is really putting yourself out there for everyone to judge. Expect to my surprise when I got out there, it was really good. I ran my two miles, pushed myself hard and then walked a lap. I like it. More than I thought.

After my run I did some stretching, a one minute plank (which sucks!) and some ab work. Molly would be so proud. While I was stretching though I managed to pull a muscle in my hip that I didn't know existed. It hurt so bad that I thought I would need help standing up. It was kind of like a charlie-horse in my hip. Very strange. Its better now, but I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll feel it. Today was a good workout. I don't like running alone, but it was good.

ps. its too late in the evening for me to do a spell check or grammar check ok?

1 comment:

  1. Reading about exercise leaves me exhausted - I'm gonna take a nap.

    ReplyDelete