May 13, 2009

Riding Sideways

For those of you who live in the Twin Cities you'll remember how windy it was yesterday. I remember looking out my window at work to see debris flying around, the classic view of the plastic bag dancing as its blown around in the air. It was a good ride, I'm guess in about 14 miles or so. From my place down around Lake Harriet and back, it was really nice. Because it was so windy out there were a lot less people on the paths. At one point I swear I was riding sideways though.

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it. I couldn't live in a better city for the type of training that I'm doing. I step outside my door and I have the most beautiful lakes and trails to use for my training. These trails are paved, well kept, and there are always other people using them. I am careful and pay attention to my surrounds, but its incredibly safe. I did a 14 mile ride last night and the only time I came into contact with traffic was to cross an intersection, other than that it was all trail. People ask why on earth would I live in Minnesota, as if someone is holding a gun to my head to be here. I love it here. There is no other place like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment