May 22, 2009

Time to regroup

First I have to give a big huge thanks to Bret Wilson. Some of you may remember that I mentioned him a long time ago in a galaxy far far away in a February blog. I found his very inspirational story on the TNT website. I was so moved by him and what he was able to accomplish in honor of his daughter that I included it in my blog. As it turns out Bret Wilson came across my blog, and to make a long story short, he made a very generous contribution to my fundraising. Bret currently is training for one Olympic distance (what I'm doing), two half Iron-man and one full Iron Man. I look forward to getting updates from him on his progress and how he does in each event. Wow.

You may have noticed that its been a while since I've blogged. Between work and life I felt that I didn't have much to blog about. I was also feeling a bit down on myself for not training hard enough and feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. I suppose those feelings couldn't have come at a better time. I am on vacation and have been since last Saturday. Today Molly and I had our first run together in over a week. Since we changed our training schedule we were working out less together. I've realized how much I really need her support, guidance and partnership in all of this. Thankfully she feels the same way. So, we'll be training together more... like we used to, and this makes me very happy.

I swam for the first time in ages last week. My shoulder was sore and I didn't swim as hard as I wanted to, but it was so great to be in the water... so great. I'm feeling rejuvenated and pumped, something I've really needed to feel.

Tomorrow Molly and I are doing our first big brick. A brick is when you bike then run back to back. We'll do a 35 mile +/- ride and then a 3 mile run. I'm really looking forward to it! I know that she's anxious because it will be her first ride on her new snazzy bike and her first time riding with clipless peddles... she'll do great, and she'll love them, I just know it.

June is going to be a great month.


No comments:

Post a Comment