May 31, 2009

Weekend Madness

Its Sunday afternoon and I've just awoken from a two hour nap. My legs are screaming at me and I can't move. It feels great. I'll get up in a little while to do some nice long stretching.

Saturday kicked ass. Molly and I did another brick. We did a great 20 mile ride and then a 3 mile run. It was tough and we swore a lot but it was great. Our times were excellent too and we feel really good about ourselves. The bike route was that nice long route along the river and then around Lake Nokomis.


We decided that today would be our long run day. We both wanted to do a 6 mile run, but didn't want to go along the river again so instead we decide to do a a two-lake loop. I personally thought that this was a little under six miles. Maybe 5.5-5.9 and she thought it might be a little over. Well, were both wrong. It was well over 6 miles. It was closer to 7 miles. The funny thing is neither one of us realized it until long after. I just realized it, as I'm typing this blog. I went to my trusty map and pulled up the route... looked at the distance and near soiled myself. I immediately picked up the phone and called Molly. "Bitch we just ran seven miles," I said. She laughed and asked if I had just gotten her email... um no. But (scary) we're doing the same frigging thing at the same time and had to tell the other person. I've never run that far in my life. It was a tough run because we were both so wiped out from the brick we did yesterday. I thought we were actually running pretty sluggish. Turns out we averaged a 9 min mile pace which is pretty great considering. I would not be able to do any of this without her. I would have run around Lake Calhoun and given up if I were alone. We kept pushing each other and made it a great run. I just love that every time we go out there is some to write home about. We laugh our asses off because accidentally running seven miles doesn't even surprise me.


No comments:

Post a Comment