Mar 3, 2010

Swimming is for the fish!

I couldn't have said it better myself.... so I'm swiping Marie's blog.... Please note that "J" is me.

I lost count of laps last night, finishing with between 28 and 30 (so 1400-1500 yards or is it a meter pool, sheet I dunno). J is a wonderful friend and training buddy, but she can not count laps to save her work out tally (and she will tell you as much too). We did drills and slight speed work and some distance. I tried out the sleeveless wetsuit. It works. I am a little unsure if I should have gotten the MS (medium-small) but I don't want it SO tight, and lets be honest I probably won't be loosing 15 pounds anytime soon.

My shoulders feel it today; this is a good sign indicating I really did make some progress in stroke development. After so many years of swimming, it is so so easy for me to slip into the same pace and rhythm.

Alas, even in the pool with light chlorine treatment, the winter weather and pool water is transmogrifying** my skin into a dusty white itchy bio hazard like landscape. It ain't funny how much lotion I've been applying to no avail. I'm taking vitamin D and drinking water. Uff, my skin itches!

**transmogrify
\transs-MAH-gruh-fye\
verb
: to change or alter greatly and often with grotesque or humorous effect


Marie has some great blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment