Mar 17, 2009


I'm grateful every day that I have someone teaching me how to swim, or rather how to swim better. I have always loved the water. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't have access to a lake or an ocean. Living in Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes certainly helps. As a child I spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours swimming in Cayuga Lake, one of New York State's greatest treasures. I've been swimming in some of the greatest bodies of water on the planet, including a few of the great lakes, the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, the Japan Sea, and the gorgeous St. Croix River to name a few.  What I find interesting now is that I'm taking my first "lessons" and that I'm swimming in a pool. I'm getting used to having walls around me, goggles on my face and being told how and when to breath. All of which seems like an unnatural way to swim, but of course its far more efficient than the way I was doing it. Every day I get a little better, and every day I enjoy it more and more. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's swim. But I'm really looking forward to swimming outside - soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment