Mar 26, 2009

Parts is Parts


Since deciding to do this tri there are several things that I've been conscious of, one of which is how much I notice other people's gear. Now I'm not a gear-head like some, actually, I'm far from it, but I can appreciate those things that help you run faster or bike harder. I had really wanted to get a set of aero bars for my bike. With all of the other expenses floating around right now, I was having a hard time justifying the expense. Enter Craigslist. Not only did I find the aero bars that I wanted, a great price, but turns out I know the person. Long story short, the woman selling the aero bars is doing the Iron Man this fall with the chick that convinced me to do the Iron Girl (not as impressive) two years ago. I love it when things work out. As soon as I got home I put the bars on my bike and looked at them lovingly. Now, with new peddles and shoes, new bars, I would REALLY like to go for a ride!

2 comments:

  1. Iron Girl is plenty impressive. I'm a little jealous of your sexy new gear....looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes them 'Aero' bars? Do they help you breathe? I think they should be called 'anaero' bars... .

    ReplyDelete