Mar 30, 2009

Three more weeks of easy workouts

On April 20th Molly and I begin our official triathlon training program. Its a twelve-week schedule and I'm looking at it right now. Looking at it kind of makes me nauseous. But I know we can do it. Its actually not all that difference from our current schedule, the intensities vary and the length of workouts is much more tailored. I have to remind myself that by race-day, we will be ready. We are working so hard. As frustrated with myself as I get, I have to stop and remember how far we've come. We are going to kick ass.

Speaking of kicking ass... Sunday's run just about had me crying. I don't know if I was just tired from moving boxes the day before or if it was really that much harder. Molly and I ran along the river again, but headed further south. Not only was it really the first time we ran hills, but I discovered just how hilly the river paths are. When we turned around at the 25 minute point was when we realized that the majority of our running had been down hill, now on the way back we'd be heading uphill and of course, now into the wind. I swore a couple of times. I have to look at a map to see the what our distance was, but as of this morning my thighs are screaming UNCLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment