Mar 10, 2009

This is not rocket surgery people.

I have managed to gain nearly a pound a week since I began this insane venture. A pound a week on someone with my frame is a lot of weight. Clearly I won't continue to gain a pound a week or else I will be a very large triathlete on race day, but give me a break! I was hoping to lose a little weight. Yes, yes, I realize that muscle weighs more than fat, bla bla bla. However when my jeans are no longer fitting because I am turning into the Incredible Hulk, we have a problem. At the moment I have no solution. My guess (and Molly's) is that my body is figuring out what the F&*$^ to do with all of this exersice and increased calorie intake. I'll keep everyone posted. If I'm up another 7 lbs by this time next week heads are going to roll.

As for working out. Last night's run was interesting. At any gym in America, I'm guessing, 5pm is packed full of people that want to start the week off right. There are about ten tredmills at the gym, all of which had full sign up sheets, but no one was running, or there were people on tredmills that they weren't signed up for. This is very aggrevating to me. The process is quite simple: 1. Put your initials in the timeslot for which you'd like to use the tredmill. 2. Use the tredmill during that time slot. 3. If you change your mind, cross off your initials. Sounds simple doesn't it? Well, apparently its not. So I ran around the track. 

There are three kinds of people that use the track. 1. Crazy-ass speedsters that would fall off a tredmill. 2. People like me that couldn't get on a tredmill and 3. People that walk in pairs and don't realize that  there are other people using the track. Interestingly enough I wonder if there is a paralell to the way these people drive. Another time perhaps. There was on one occastion a person pushing a stroller on the track. Yes, that's right, a fother mucking stroller. 

After my run last night I swam. Swimming and breathing is still quite a challenge for me, but I'm getting it. I am continuously told to stop thinking so much. Yeah, ok. Have you met me?

No comments:

Post a Comment