Apr 16, 2009

Who really kicks ass?

Its hard sometimes not to get discouraged with all of this training. I ask myself constantly if I'm doing enough. My goal isn't weight loss or even to be healthier necessarily, those are just bi-products of training for this triathlon. I have to remind myself why I'm training and why I'm going to put my body through hell on July 11th. I get an email from my cousin Maggie telling me that I'm the one that's strong and kicks ass. Its really people like her and her husband who is battling non-Hodgkin Lymphoma that do the ass kicking. How does she manage to keep it all together, her crazy job as a paramedic, her family, all of it? She's the one that kicks ass everyday and I admire her for it every day. You rock Maggie! And you inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment