May 8, 2009

Don't fix it if it ain't broke

I went to that favorite spin class of mine last night. I haven't been in a while. I was supposed to go last week, but Molly and I ended up riding outside. It felt like ages since I'd been there. The instructor turns down the lights, cranks the music, and while there are some fans blowing it gets hotter than the hinges of hell in there. I sweat my ass off and its great.

I really pushed it last night, and have been trying to push a little harder. I keep reminding myself of these tri-distances. Its one thing to go for a 10k run, but after biking 25K and swimming nearly a mile, I'm so nervous. People keep saying "don't worry, you'll be fine". Well what do they know? Grant it these are people that have competed in triathlons before, but still... what do they know? My TNT Mentor Paul thinks that it would be smart to do a sprint distance triathlon before the big event. Molly and I are planning to do a mock-sprint on our own for sure, but another event? I think I might die. First, the expense of all of this is just about killing me. Every little bit adds up and competing in another event costs money. TNT is covering our event registration costs for the Life Time Fitness event, which I think the entrance is normally $125 or something. These things aren't cheap and with all of the gear and whatnot, doing another event, unless its a 5k just isn't going to happen. I'm fine with that.

Tonight is my rest night, which will likely mean a glass of wine and nachos or something. Tomorrow morning Molly and I are doing the six-mile loop around the river again. I'm really looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend everyone! And Happy Mother's Day.


1 comment:

  1. you will be BETTER than fine!!!!! you will kick ass

    but what do we know.

    :)

    ReplyDelete