May 11, 2009

A mixed bag weekend

First of all, it is definitely spring. The tulips are FINALLY coming up and the lilac bushes/trees are exploding. Its just wonderful. I was only able to work out with Molly for a little bit on Saturday and I was alone on Sunday. I survived, but it wasn't the same. I love having my weekend workouts with her.

After my Saturday run I made the difficult decision to bring donuts to a friend's garage sale. It was a tough choice. Fresh donuts from The Baker's Wife Bakery on 28th & 42nd Ave are just about the best in the city. I chose a dozen cinnamon and sugar. And I bought a great little chair from Diane. Amy's kids where happily selling lemonade to passersby. I think they made a killing on that lemonade.

Oh wait, sorry back to the workout journal. Um, after donuts.... right.

Sunday I decided to do my favorite loop around Lake Nokomis - the one that's just over four miles. The interesting thing was that this time I wore a heart monitor, I had to make some serious adjustments to my running, I was flying over my anerobic threshold way more than expected. It was a great run non the less. I did my abs and strength when I got home and was done early enough to enjoy Mother's Day with my mum.


No comments:

Post a Comment