May 26, 2009

I am NOT doing the Ironman.

I love all the people that think I'm doing an Ironman. Those people really have a distorted view of my physical capabilities and I love them for it. I'm only doing an Olympic distance triathlon.

From Wikipedia....

An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) consisting of a 2.4 miles (3.86 km) swim, a 112 miles (180.25 km) bike and a marathon (26 miles 385 yards, 42.195 km) run, raced in that order and without a break.

The Ironman Triathlon, or The Ironman Triathlon World Championships, or Ironman Hawaii, is both the original Ironman triathlon and the annual world championships of the event, held annually in Hawai'i since 1978, with an additional race in 1982. It was made famous by its grueling length, harsh race conditions, and television coverage.

However, my friend Marie is doing an Ironman in the fall... not the Hawaii one, but the distances are the same. Now she's the bad-ass.


1 comment:

  1. Jenny, Jenny, you are super bad-ass too. There is little lesser about an Olympic distance...expect well the distance. Which, as one doing an Ironman (not in Hi....yet!), I really appreciate you clearing this up for people. One must be way more crazy to take on the IM. ;)

    ReplyDelete