Jun 29, 2009

Be Careful!

I thought I broke my foot this weekend. So stupid. I slipped on a step that was wet. The top of my foot smashed onto the step. I swore really loud and then crashed down. I sat there for a minute to terrified to wiggle my toes for fear that they wouldn't wiggle. The pain was terrible. After a minute I looked at the top of my foot, it was bright red and starting to swell. I was so pissed off. I stood up and went into my house. I immediately put ice on it. And soon enough I was fine. I bruised the hell out of it, but it was fine. Not broken. I cannot even describe how angry I was. To think that I could have broken my foot... I can't even think about it anymore.

I had a wonderful weekend otherwise. Did more walking around and enjoying the beautiful summer weather. Molly is camping so I took it easy. I couldn't put on my running shoes, my foot was still swollen, tonight perhaps. If anything I'll just ride and swim for the next couple of days. It will be fine though. I'm still pissed at myself. I wasn't paying attention.

Today is my 33rd birthday. I feel like I'll be entering the next year of my life in better shape, mentally and physically than I've ever been in. I have so many people to thank. I couldn't be happier. This event is coming at the most perfect time in my life and I'm glad that I can share the experience with those that I love. I've made some new friends along the way. I am one lucky girl.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at this and the previous posts, I'm struck that this is one of those deals where everybody wins, often in completely unexpected ways.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete