Jul 1, 2009

Counting Down the Days

There are so few days left until the race and yet I feel so far from it. I'm ready to give my body a break, a nice long break. Maybe I'll do yoga for a month, maybe I'll let myself go and eat a lot of cheeseburgers, maybe this will catapult me into a new direction of crazy athleticism. I've been grateful to share the experience of training with so many people through this blog, but it remains such a personal experience. When I'm most afraid, or have the most self-doubt, its still just mine. No matter how much I write about it, I'm still the one at the end of the day, who owns it. I'm ready not to own it anymore.

I'm proud of my fellow teammates, of Molly, and of course myself. These last couple of days will be simple. My focus will be to stay healthy, keep my body moving and warm, and tell myself that this has been one hell of a journey.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great taper plan! Where do you want your spectators set up on the 11?

    ReplyDelete