Jul 7, 2009

Lake Nokomis

It was the perfect night for our last big swim. The air was warm, the water was cool and we felt strong. We didn't swim as hard as we'd run or biked the last few days. There was no need to. I'm being extra gentle with my shoulder, and the swimming portion of the race is the least of my worries.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll go for a little run and then that's it. Lots of stretching and hydrating. Lots of deep breaths, and relaxing.

We have a TNT meeting tonight. We actually get the infamous spandex outfits tonight. Oh yeah. If I'm brave enough I'll try it on and post a picture... but there will be plenty of those from the race I'm sure. Purple and Teal are not really my colors, and with all of my tattoos, I might look more like a circus freak than an athlete. But I am proud of where I am right now. Ready to do this.

2 comments:

  1. you 2 are definitely ready and more than able to do this

    have fun

    ReplyDelete