Jul 14, 2009

...the morning after

Ok, so its really not the morning after. I guess that this should be a long emotional blog about the event, but I'm afraid that I don't think I can deliver that. I finished. Molly finished. It was such an amazing experience that I know I can't put it all into words. It was bigger and more grand that I could have imagined.

Competing in my Team In Training tri-suit changed how people reacted to me on the course, both spectators and other racers. I was there because I had raised money for LLS and that I was a part of an amazing team. Jay, the person I raced in honor of, was there at the finish line. Everyone was yelling my name hugging me and telling me how great I did. But then there was Jay. He hugged me and couldn't let go. For the rest of my life, the one thing that I will remember about that race was that Jay told me I was his hero.

I want to thank everyone who stood behind me throughout this entire process. Pete, you proved to me that I could do anything and that I was stronger that I thought I was. You never stopped believing that I would kick ass, and I did. Mom - no mother could be more proud. Period. Dad, thanks for being the kind of dad that thinks his daughter can move mountains... because I just did. All of my friends and family that asked me how I was doing, what I was doing and why I was doing it. And my Molly, I love you more than peanut butter and jelly on toasted bread. You make me a better person just by knowing you. Thank you for letting me be a part of this experience with you. Once again, you've been a part of something that changed my life.

I'm going to leave it at that. For those of you who want to hear more, feel free to ask. In the end, it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment