Mar 2, 2010

Clothing Issues for Women with Muscles

I can name at least one person who is sick of hearing me complain about how my clothing fits.

Clothing lines are not catered to muscular woman. Now I'm not talking about body-builder clothing, I'm talking about normal, every-day women that have muscles. This includes runners, cyclists, swimmers, and everything in between.

For instance, I have strong muscular thighs, virtually no hips, and a decent butt. For clothing to fit I have to buy clothing that is for larger women. Here in lies the problem: clothing designed for larger women means big thighs, big hips and big butt. So, I put on a pair of pants that fit my thighs and the waist is way too big. I refuse to wear sweatpants in public (and so should you), I also refuse to wear warm-up style clothing except when coming home from the gym.

So my question is: Where can I find clothing that is designed for healthy athletic women?

The lower half of my body isn't the only area of concern, the upper half too. Have wider shoulders from swimming, strong biceps and wider lats than most women, again, not the incredible hulk... but you get where I'm headed. The larger clothing gets, it just gets larger, it doesn't mean that it fits better. In fact larger clothing just makes me (and my fellow women) look dumpy, not stylish and hot like we should!

Its taken me until very recently to start liking my body again. When I started training last year I got bigger, more muscular, got a booty and thus hated my body. Really really hated it. Now I'm realizing that I just hate how I look in most clothing. Lucy is a great store, but designed for stick-figure women, despite their claim to cater to someone like me.

I don't have an answer for this. I will keep looking. Should I come up with something, I'll let you know. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I've been loving on the A line type skirts for a while now. Maybe we should start our own clothing line, eh?

    ReplyDelete