Feb 25, 2010

Flipping Out

What a dumb title to this entry. I like it because its too obvious. Last night was less of a swim workout and more of a lesson in flip turns. This has been my biggest issue with swimming in a pool. I can do the flip turns, but not without the pool cleaning out my sinuses. I have tried over and over again to breath out through my nose and never have been able to . Even under normal conditions, say hovering underwater, I can't push air out of my nose. I had always assumed it was just another defect, one of countless and as it turns out, I'm right!

Pete and I have deduced that because my nose has been broken, more than once there might be issues with my sinuses and thus breathing out of my nose underwater is just not possible. I can do it, but I have to push so hard that I'm damn near aneurysm when I do it. So why try so hard. I bought nose plugs a while back, popped them on last night and bam! I'm a flip turning maniac. Rather than doing laps I'd swim a bit but spent most of my time at the wall just practicing. Turns out, that's one hell of an ab workout. You know me, I need to be as efficient as possible and since I'm so hard on myself, I've go to get it right. I'm such a pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment