Mar 5, 2010

A Marked Improvement

I've described in the past how a bad workout will leave me in a bad mood. Last week I was so excited to bring Pete to spin class. He'd never been to one before and was curious. We got there only to discover that we didn't have our normal wonderful instructor, but instead a horrid woman who thought it was appropriate to play COUNTRY MUSIC during spin. I'll back up a bit and explain for those of you who might not know. Despite what music you like to listen to while knitting, trimming your beard, pretending to be America's Next Top Model, in an exercise class you're to play music that 1. keep people up beat and motivated, 2. music that can be used to set your own tempo to, 3. music that is less about song quality and more about the fact that you're going to work your ass off and this music makes you want to do that. I was visibly annoyed and left a little early to avoid having to thank her for filling in. Last night (hallelujah!) Our beloved Alex was back. I hadn't realized but the rest of the class felt the same way I did. You really don't know what you have until its gone. We all greeted her with huge smiles and "Please don't leave us again". It was a good class. I hope that Pete got more out of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment