Mar 9, 2010

I feel the need, the need for speed!

I'm looking forward to running with Marie tonight. There are a few things that we're going to work on, including my damn form. She's such a great training partner, but she's also an amazing coach. I need speed. I'm 5'2" on a good day and need to figure out how to get more out these little running legs. On a bike I can haul ass, I'm a shark in the pool, but my running has always been through molasses. Break me down Marie! Break me down.

Funny thing is, I love all this crap. I never have to look far for inspiration and I'm inspired all the time. I've had the great pleasure of becoming friends with Bret Wilson, a fellow TNT alumni. Bret is counted as one of my heroes. When I was training last year I came across his amazing story, and even blogged about it here. Bret lost his beautiful daughter Erin in August of 2002 to Leukemia. She was twelve years old. Bret has done several races with TNT as well as many other events. Last year at Ironman Canada finishing more than 140 miles he crossed the finish line with a photo of Erin. His quote "140.6 miles in memory of Erin Andra Wilson. The ironman distance is nothing compared to Erin's 8-year battle against leukemia."

No comments:

Post a Comment