Apr 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Run

8:30am on a Sunday, Boom Island Loop, warm breeze, clear blue sky and no not a soul in sight. Oh wait. Its Easter Sunday. Sa-weet! Actually there were a few people out, but these kinds of empty days are few and far between. I met up with Keeler in the usual spot. We exchanged gifts of stuff we had for each other and started with a nice warm-up. She kept commenting on how gorgeous it was outside, I think that she was really just trying to tell me how great I looked, but didn't want to be obvious. I let her off the hook and just agreed.

It usually takes my legs a few minutes, like anyone's, to warm-up and not feel so tight. Today, it just didn't happen. Remember the concrete shoveling day last weekend? Well apparently I shoveled concrete into my legs. Or yesterday's ride was tougher than I thought. Wow. My legs just didn't want to move. What should have been a six-mile run was closer 3.5, boo! I was so pooped. That swim/ride yesterday really kicked my butt. I will most certainly be doing a ton of stretching today.

It was a gorgeous morning for a run and it was so nice to see Keeler again. The test of a good running pace is if you can hold a conversation while running. We have the opposite problem, we talk so much that we have to make sure that we think about our breathing every now and then.

Tomorrow and for the next 90 days I'm starting a new strength training program. Its important to incorporate strength training with all this running, biking and swimming. I'm a little intimidated by the program, but excited too. I'll tell you more about it once I've done it...

Great news! My dad is coming out to Minneapolis in September and will get to see me compete in the Iron Girl! Heck yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and I'm really, really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. last wednesday, on my run, it felt like there was lead in my legs .... i had the hardest time picking my feet up. i think i was more walking than running, so that is what i ended up doing.

    mandy

    ReplyDelete