Nov 28, 2010

The Gym Two Days After Thanksgiving

I don't know that I've ever seen the Midtown YWCA quite so busy. There was a frenzy, a sense of panic in the air as we arrived. Standing in line to get our cards swiped there were people waiting to get a new membership, people trying to use guest passes, and others just frantically pushing to share their nakedness in the locker room. I annoyed someone enough, hobbling along on my crutches, that they sped past me to go through the turn-style. Phew! I hope they made it to their step-class in time. Close call.

I of course took the elevator up to the second floor - nice and slow. I spent a decent amount of time working on upper body with free weights. I'm used to people looking at me funny for a number of reasons. Tattoos. A chic in the weight area. A chic with tattoos in the weight area on crutches. Whatever. It felt good to move my muscles, and to work up a sweat. Then I moved over to the floor to do a nice circuit of core hoopla. Having worked out with Killer-Keeler for so long I'm pretty good at just making it up as I go along. What I loved most was that I'm on the floor, crutches to my left, 10lb medicine ball in hand and this very large muscled woman is working her kettlebells in front of me, gives me the nod of approval, as if she was saying "Don't let it hold you back girl."




This weight-thing continues to be an issue. I think that a post or two ago I wrote that I was 112lbs fully dressed with my boot on. Yesterday, same deal, fully dress with the boot I'm down to 109lbs. Not good. Pete's still force feeding me. I'm eating damn it! I'm eating. But I'm still dropping weight. I'm hoping that getting back into a workout routine with help to increase my appetite and add some muscle mass. Fear not my fellow friends, I've got personal trainer/coach/boyfriend/prison guard Pete watching my every move. I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment