Dec 21, 2010

Saddle? What saddle?

Someone asked me the other day how soon I'd be back in the saddle. I of course realize that this is the metaphoric horse saddle, but the reality is that I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike saddle as well. As soon as I can fit my foot in my cycling shoes, then dog-gone-it, I'll be riding on my trainer. If for no other reason than to get my ass back. Where did my ass go you ask? Gone it completely disappeared as soon as I stopped training. Without working any of my lower body I've been reduced to a fraction of my former self. Of course it wasn't long ago that I was bitching about said booty, just goes to show you that you always want what you can't/don't have.

As far as getting back into the swing of things, Sunday was my first swim. It was really wonderful to get in the pool and turn a few laps. I can't say that I did very well, in fact my threshold for cardio activity is pretty damn low, but it felt great.

Lesson #147: Be grateful when someone sees your handicapped sticker and offers to scrape your car. They don't think you're stupid or weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment