Jan 3, 2011

It's Like Riding a Bike

Well, it was riding a bike. On Sunday I jumped on a spin bike at the Y, first time on a bike since September 26th. I had no idea how my leg, my foot or my ass were going to handle it. It was awesome. For fifteen minutes I peddled, changing resistance, and feeling my heart rate climb for the first time in months. My legs, that are whittled down to skin and bone felt every turn of the peddle, but my foot didn't hurt. In fact the long stretch of my calf on the downturn felt amazing. I was there with gal-pal D and she was cruising along right next to me. Having not done any real cardio in months this was an eye opener. I knew that my endurance was down to nothing, but man, how quickly it went down to nothing amazes me still. Imagine if I was in horrible shape to going into the surgery? Where would I be now. I've managed to get into somewhat of a routine back at the gym, now that I can move.

I have a lot of goals for the year. Right now, my goal is to get my endurance back up to a respectable strength. I'm pretty damn happy about how far I've come though. My foot looks and feels awesome. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment