Apr 3, 2009

99 Days to Race!

Under one hundred days to the race. Holy crap. What more can I say about that?

Spin last night was good. The instructor is great but there was a woman in front of us spinning that just floored us. I have no idea how hold she was, maybe in her 50s? I noticed her calves first. Clearly she'd bee riding a long time. She had the kind muscle tone that was so perfectly sculpted you know that Greeks would have used her as a model. The whole class she busted her ass but never looked for a moment as if she was struggling. I love riding behind people like that, it pushes me to work harder. Molly does that for me, even when she's not there. I think to myself "Molly would tell me to keep going" and I do. Pete's like that with swimming. He's quiet but I know what his intentions are. I know that he wants to make us the strongest swimmers we can possibly be. I know it will pay off.

I'm getting a little bored. I'm not saying that we're not working hard, I just need a little change of scenery. Once we're running and riding outside on a regular basis and can change up our routes, it will be must better. Tonight is always a tough night for me. Running after work on a Friday is tough. Yes, I'm always glad once I've done it, but my brain just tells me what an idiot I am the whole time. Then when I'm done and heading home I feel great.

1 comment: