Apr 6, 2009

Saturday TNT Run

Molly and I changed it up this week by running with our Team on Saturday rather than by ourselves, like we would normally do on Sunday. Its an 8am run, which sounds like hell - who would want to run at 8 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday. Apparently we did. We met the group at a park not far from my house and ran along the Mississippi again, but this time, much further south. There were about fifty people there from TNT, some training for the sprint triathlon, other like us training for the Olympic-distance triathlon, then the crazy people training for the 1/2 Iron Man. We didn't know what the distance of our run would be, only that we'd be running for about an hour, which was perfect and in-line with our training.

Surprisingly during this run I finally met my assigned mentor, Paul. Molly and I had been running along, chatting up a storm when we came upon these two other people running (Paul, if you read this, please remind me of her name!), any we liked their pace so followed them for a while. At the Lake Street turn-around the guy asked if I was Jenny, and we realized that he was my assigned mentor. It was nice to finally meet him after several email correspondences. He explained that he's done thousands of triathlons, and that this woman (cannot remember her name!) had done an Iron Man. Molly and I just laugh when we hear that from people - crazy people.

View Larger Map

I think it was this woman's idea to go off the paved running/biking path and down onto the trails along the river to finished out the rest of our run. Brilliant! Let's do that. So we ran down a length of stone steps to the river banks and ran around in the mud, through the trees, and poor Molly was behind me and I kept trying to hold back branched but I know I whipped her in the face a couple of times. Long story short these crazy people took us on an "Adventure" run. Adventure my ass. It was great though. It was nice to hook up with the group again and remind them that Jenny/Molly are still kicking ass. I think we'll make the Saturday group run a regular occurrence, it was fun - so thanks TNT folks who were there!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I'm tired just reading what you have accomplished, think I'll take a nap! Probably should go out and run but you're doing enough for several people, so I'm off for a nap!

    ReplyDelete