Apr 9, 2009

Ok. So NOW we're swimming?

I always thought I was a good swimmer until I started training for this damn triathlon. Pete decided that he no longer wanted us to live and beat the hell out of us in swim drills last night. Yes, I realize that they will only get harder, but holy hell. ts a good thing we're in the pool twice a week.

Oh, and we've got 93 days until the race. That's a little over 13 weeks. Also can be seen as a little over 3 months. Which translates to holy shit. Are we going to be ready? I mean yes. If I had to swim the .93 miles today I could, but it would suck. I could absolutely run the 10K, no problem. I suppose I could bike the 40K - but who the hell knows because we haven't gotten outside yet, we've been spinning! So, yes - individually I could complete all of these, but together? Back to back?

Question for the audience. If you had to choose between running up a hill for two miles (no walking allowed), or swimming a 1/2 mile in a Minnesota Lake TODAY (the ice just broke), which would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment