Feb 24, 2010

A Run That Feels Good

Marie's dog Zeli hates me. That's right, there is an animal on this planet that is scared of me and really dislikes me. What does that have to do with running? Absolutely nothing.

Marie and I did a 2.2 (ish) mile run last night and it felt great. Grant it the side walks were half covered in snow and ice because we were on residential streets. (Note: People of Minneapolis, please shovel your friggin sidewalks. Mine is shoveled, your neighbors can shovel. So can you!) Its quite annoying when in front of one house the side walk is bone dry, nice and clear and then the next house it glare ice and life-threatening. But the run felt good. I felt like I could have gone faster and longer without any trouble. Marie was right about the whole - needing to breakdown to build up crap. I need some better winter running pants. But by the time I feel like spending that kind of money, it will be spring and I won't need them anymore. I need better winter gear in general but I'm too cheap.

My next run won't be until next Tuesday, but between now and then my muscles will be challenged in new ways. More to come on that....

No comments:

Post a Comment