Feb 23, 2010

Getting My Head in the Game

First its important to understand how happy I am to be back in a workout routine. I didn't realize how important it was for my brain until I stopped working out consistently. Don't get me wrong, I have worked out since July but not in any way that felt meaningful or consistent. Its been a week and I already feel stronger, but more importantly, my head feels better. I can think straight and I know that whatever I wasn't able to work through during the day, I'll work through while I'm training. I am able to solve so many problems, answer questions, find meaning and be more forgiving of myself when I'm working out.















The training always leads up to something. In my case its doing the LTF Triathlon again in July. This picture was taken the night before last year's race. Molly and I had the opportunity to walk through some of the course and the transition area prior to the race. It was an amazing feeling to be in this spot. It took us six months to get there. Six months of not really knowing what we were getting ourselves into. I remember this moment, leaving the course, heading home to try and get a good night's sleep. I didn't know what a triathlon would feel like. And what I didn't expect was that I was going to love it.

This year my approach is so different. I know that I can be more forgiving of myself while pushing harder. I know I am capable of more, I know how strong I am and how strong I could be. I'm not afraid. Those are amazing words to say "I'm not afraid", pretty cool.

2010. My plan is to do a 1/2 marathon on June, the LTF Tri in July, the Iron Girl in September and the Medtronic Marathon in October. All that, and I have no fear. I have a lot of work to do and I know I'll have good days and bad, but I could not be more excited. Pete is unbelievably supportive and is even going to do the LTF Tri with me this summer. Its going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment