Feb 22, 2010

Marie Done Broke Me

I completed Week Eight of the Ironman Training program with Marie. Please note that I started the training on week eight because I'm crazy. It went well though. Saturday morning we ran around Lake Harriet. Its the middle of winter and this city does an amazing job of keeping the trails cleared. Its also amazing how many other people were out running. It was a balmy 20-degrees. Sunday we had a 35 minute swim that consisted mainly of light drills and then a two-hour bike. Now since its still pretty crappy outside we did the bike portion at the gym on stationary bikes. I brought all of my Runner's World magazines that needed to be caught up on. Read them all and then donated them to the gym (less my address label). I felt great.

After being at the gym for three hours on Sunday I went home and promptly took a 2 hour nap. Woke up and couldn't walk. My legs hurt so bad that it was laughable. Did some regular Sunday stuff and then was in bed by 7pm definitely asleep by 8pm.

This week is a "recovery" week. We have a light run Tuesday, swim Wednesday and then I'll spin on Thursday.

This weekend will be the most exciting!! I'll tell you about that another time.

Cheers!

3 comments: