Mar 17, 2010

Hills Schmills

Ok, so without Marie I realize that I just don't push as hard as I could. However Pete did come along with me yesterday for hill repeats. Marie knows this area so well and sent me off to do my run and ah ha! there was a great hill. We did as we were told and repeated the hill looping back and heading home. Based on this new running form, wowza, I'm feeling much better about my running in general. I could have done a few more repeats, but instead went home and cooked dinner for friends. Pan seared mahi mahi, steamed asparagus and roasted potatoes, but made homemade guacamole (avocado, tomato, onion, garlic) before hand to snack on. Yum!

No swimming for this girl tonight, as Pete and Marie hit the pool I get to hit the track again. I miss the pool but my shoulder is so much happier. I will swim on Sunday though and I'm really looking forward to it. Tonight I'll do a little speed work, hit the weights and do some core work. It will feel good.

The last couple of nights I have not been sleeping well. Last week, I slept like a rock. I was in bed at a nice early hour and up before my alarm, sometimes an hour before my alarm. I felt great! But this week I've had late dinners, not getting to bed at a good time and sleeping terribly. I hit snooze four times this morning before the Tiggs pawed at the blankets and meowed loud enough to let me know he was serious about getting fed. I dragged my butt out of bed, fed the cats, shot cal, made coffee, cleaned the litter, took forever to come up with an outfit, put my lunch together (2 hard boiled eggs, blue berries and a banana) and out the door at 8am! Ugh! I'm hoping that tonight I can begin to work my way back into that great sleep routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment