May 10, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again


...well almost. Where the hell have you been? Where have I been?

For the better part of the last month I've been kicking myself. Its ironic that my last post was about being in pain. This time the pain was real. I managed to do something to my back four weeks ago. The day after that drills workout with Keeler in fact.

The drills were great and we stopped once we realized we were pooped and our form sucked. All I know is that the next day I felt sore. In the morning it was a good kind of sore in my back, as if I'd worked out really hard. By the middle of the day that soreness turned into pain and by the end of the day I was in agony. That was Thursday. On Friday I woke up and again with the sore moving to pain and into agony.

That's when a friend sent me to his chiropractor, the most kick-ass gal in the verse, Dr. Moses. She rocks. For you locals, check out her site: moebodyworks.com. She barely touched me, and certainly didn't do any cracking for the first few visits. I was told that I couldn't work out in any way, shape or form for at least a month. F*CK! I was pissed, but in pain, so I was going to listen to everything she said. At first she thought I had a herniated disc, but after some therapy decided I just did a really really good job pulling a muscle. Aside from sitting on a big blue stability ball at work, NOT training and seeing Dr. Moe on a regular basis, this lil lady is ready to jump back on the horse, slowly at least.

Yesterday was Day Zero, and I swam. Because it was mother's day the Uptown pool was pretty mellow. I managed to get a whole lane to myself for most of the swim! It felt so good to stretch out my somewhat atrophied muscles with long fluid strokes. (Yes I also spent the day with my mum).

Today is Day One of training. I am officially starting over. With 61 days left until the Life Time Fitness Triathlon I've got my work cut out for me. This week will be light running and strength training. Per my doc's orders I am taking it easy. I'm going to be nice to myself, nice to my body, because there is no way in hell I'm going to hurt myself again. I'm no longer disappointed and frustrated that I've lost so much time, that I had gotten so far in my training and have slipped back. I can deal with it. It could have been worse. I could have broken a bone or something terrible like that!

4 comments:

  1. Go Jenny go! Sometimes our bodies force us to remember that they have needs. Maybe you needed a rest? Hears to re-building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH HOO, you go daughter !

    ReplyDelete