May 11, 2010

No saddle, but my running shoes were happy to see me!

Yes, Day One was only one little bitty mile, but it felt damn good to put my running shoes on. I ran my little one mile down to Lake Harriet and home again, and then did my strength training. I'm not in pain today - wahoo! But I didn't push it too hard and it felt great. I even iced my back per Moe's orders when I went to bed - and (sigh) it was worth it. I wish the weather wasn't so crummy, I'll have to figure out what tonight will be, either a ride or another short run, ah the possibilities!

Yesterday I received an email from the CSA farmers, that M, R, Pete and I joined. We're all really excited about the first delivery on June 1st. The CSA that we joined is Turnip Rock Rock, based in New Auburn, Wisconsin. We'll be getting locally grown, fresh vegetables delivered weekly all summer long. And yesterday we received an email about what's been planted and how the fields are looking. While we only signed up for the veggies, they also have goats, pigs and chickens. In the fall they are hoping to have eggs! Dang, now I'm hungry.

Lastly I wanted to report that my rockin' Marie finished the Lacrosse Marathon like a rock star. Her time was 3:46. She placed 4th in her division, 18th in women and 74th overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment